The history of Miller Machine & Tool all started when Russell Miller migrated to Frederick County, VA where he opened the MILLER TOOL SERVICE in 1965. The shop was first located in the basement of the former Virginia Woolen Mill on Piccadilly Street in Winchester with two pieces of equipment. After years of growth, the plant was moved to its present location on Precision Drive in Winchester and the name was changed to MILLER MACHINE & TOOL COMPANY. The plant, measuring approximately 1400 square feet, houses approximately 20 employees, with state of the art equipment. There is a manufacturing section, fabrication department, Computer Aided Design center and a large inventory of material. This company designs and builds equipment, including: production machinery, tools, dies, assembly fixtures etc.
In 1997 Russ Miller retired. Carl Leach and Carl Corbin are now President and Vice President, respectively, and co-owners of the company. With the addition of state-of-the-art CNC equipment, a Wire EDM machine, constant machine upgrade and personnel training the company maintains it’s technological edge while respecting its history.
Russ passed in December of 2005. He was a veteran of World War II, toolmaker, successful businessman and member of the Hiram Masonic Lodge. His integrity, history, foresight, and master craftsmanship live on through the company he founded.